Thread: US Timeline Arrow
View Single Post
Old 27-05-2016, 11:17   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
10) There was no tease what so ever for next season. It ended as if that was the last episode ever!
I suppose so, I didn't look at it that way although in retrospect the way they flashed between the characters and them moving on with their lives definitely made it look like it was a series finale. I am not expecting it to be cancelled so I viewed it as if they were setting up something completely different for next season to give it a fresh start. Rather than having to waste time in the opening episode establishing itself and explaining to us what the characters have done, we know now that they have gone their separate ways and we expect them to do x, y and z and lead a certain lifestyle. I think the next season will start off "2 years later............" where Oliver has settled in as a seasoned Mayor for example and can get straight to it and they don't have to spend time with him learning the ropes. The characters will have had some timeouts away from things so their attitudes and personalities will have changed and it will also give the writers some wiggle room in the stories for a fresh set of flashbacks for all the characters and not just Oliver as they can show us what the characters have been up to and what we have missed as and when it ties in to each episodes story arc.

If they do that though I'll be slightly pee'd. I watch Arrow for the Arrow and one of the posts above has already commented that Oliver never does anything by himself anymore. If they start introducing flashbacks for all the characters (I think Diggle is a waste of space and just annoys me) for the sake of padding the episode/series then they'll be clutching at straws. I don't mind if it is relevant to the story and explains why Thea for example is behaving a certain way and shows us some trauma she has experienced but they need to be careful how they use them.

Oh and........

11) In the event of a global apocalypse surely they could have enlisted the Flash to use super and at the very least whiz around America with Felicity's gizmo and hack the nukes in conjunction with Supergirl intercepting the ones Barry couldn't get and flying them into space?
12) Failing that, get Barry to go back in time (it was good enough to set up LoT) to a pivotal moment and a) stop Darkh from launching the nukes b) stop him from getting the idol/his power c) kill him as soon as he is born (take your pick).

Any of them would have been a more realistic and feasible way of ending an OTT story line.

Last edited by General Maximus; 27-05-2016 at 11:28.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote