View Single Post
Old 21-01-2016, 16:50   #2467
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Good to see old Rup and his ilk getting worried and having to band together with others because Netflix know what global viewers want and are going for it.

They're like modern day luddites standing against the progress that most viewers want.

And at the same time, you have to hand it to Rupert; he knows how to make good moves to further his cause.

The above means no HBO Go, or Showtime streaming service in the UK for a good few years. A battle that the US has won and the UK has lost. It now makes Now TV an even better option.

And certainly can't help VM retain customers, who primarily subscribe to their pay TV offerings.
Some think that Now TV will never appear on Virgin's boxes. If that's the case, the future for cable customers in the UK is bleak. I am getting worried that I might have to go with Sky in the future, which is such a shame. I hope VM pull a rabbit out of the hat soon.