View Single Post
Old 23-02-2024, 13:00   #33
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Chaos in the Commons. Will the Speaker survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
For a change, you are wrong, John (and always wrong on your anti-Israel position).

We have been discussing the Israel/Hamas/Gaza situation through and through for the past months. Now that something new has happened, there is a topic on this new event and it is appropriate to discuss this.

I’m not questioning the appropriateness - I’m here and active.

I’m only positing what would the news headlines have been had Hoyle done his job correctly and (in all likelihood) the SNP motion failed.

It’d have been how many MPs - specifically Labour MPs - backed it.

Some estimates had the number of potential Labour backers at 90. It’d have been how much authority does Starmer have over his party. Is his fence sitting tenable? Etc.

The Speaker handed out a big get out of jail free card, at the expense of the SNP and due process.

Last edited by jfman; 23-02-2024 at 13:04.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote