View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 14:23   #1732
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
In my humble opinion the V6 is only likely to retain the VM customers who are maybe fed up with the Tivo (like I was) and thinking of moving on. In it's present form I cannot see it pulling customers away from Sky or even challenging the Sky Q on a like for like basis.

No 4K content (free of pay per view) and providing no other significant advantage, will surely limit any new take up from other providers.
I think VM's offerings will develop over time so I will judge them properly in a year's time.
I can't see the point of VM not making its standard boxes 4K compatible bearing in mind they will last about five years plus if they're to sign up customers in Project Lightning homes, they need a box that's fast and the current Tivo isn't.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote