View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 12:09   #1927
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, I do, having become frustrated by Virgin's slow progress in resolving the Sky Atlantic and streaming services issues that I have referred to in the past.

I now have a smart Sony TV which gives me access to Amazon, and I have subscribed to the Amazon Prime Instant video service.

I also have a Roku streaming stick, allowing me access to Now TV with its Sky Atlantic and ITV Encore programming.

Now, of course, I am lacking access to AMC programming, and so the pressure to have more and more boxes and devices to access everything increases yet again. It really makes me mad!

I think in reality, with the services you have now (which is useful to know BTW), there is only really Fear of the Walking Dead that is an issue, which will be on Prime next year anyway.

I think all the other shows are available via Prime or Netflix, though Rectify (and maybe a few other titles) will require the use of a service such as Unblockus.

Because Amazon already had the rights to a couple of good AMC shows (Turn and Halt and Catch Fire) before the BT deal (and will keep those rights), for people using streaming services, BT's AMC channel is pretty unimportant. But for BT, it is very good PR.