View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 23:28   #7
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age
Re: Sky's broadband is shocking

I currently have both Sky and VM bb (VM lowest package bb). When I used to live in West London, I would have said VM bb is not to be sniffed at. But since I moved to Berks the bb has been nothing more than average. IMHO average just isn't good enough for VM. For the price I pay for VM I should really be getting full speed all the time. Around here if I stream on my PS3 then the speed goes down plus the modem I got is terrible for wifi.

With Sky I have been streaming plus downloading right from day 1 (when they started me off on 4mb) and not once have they messed me around. Personally, I don't care for quoted speeds. I want a service that just does its jobs. With VM, if you stream a couple of shows in HD then expect the round circle on I-player to carry on spinning with no show to watch. On Sky I just download show after show to my planner and no issue. I have been getting episodes of Boardwalk Empire in HD and watching iplayer in HD too at the same and tbh I was expecting issues from my time with VM but on Sky it just worked.

For prople that it works for, VM is the best thing since sliced bread. For everyone else it is an overpriced piece of junk.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote