View Single Post
Old 25-08-2009, 13:31   #1
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
Accountants billing.

My firm is parting company with our expensive city accountants for the end of the year accounts.

In transitioning the books to our new accountants, they have produce a massive final bill for us. The have invoice us for x hours for this employee. We can't see where or why the billing is there. If we ask for evidence and they say "phone call on at x:xx minimum 0.5 hours billed". (even if they just make it up) We can't dispute that as we don't have any evidence to the contray. Also they have billed for prep work for our end of year accounts, but noone can recall authorising anything, they just automatically followed on to quote us for the end of year accounting work. I'm certain they don't have anything in writing to that fact at least.

Does that mean we are screwed and just have to pay it? Or is there any way we have a realistic chance of disputing the bill? Times running out as its holding things up with our new accountants. I doubt taking it to court as an option as their solicitors are rather more costly than ours (think Mr Burns' lawyers vs Lionel Hutz).
punky is offline   Reply With Quote