View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 16:48   #5230
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

As you know my son got a new job and starts it at the end of this month and I'm starting to think he regrets taking it due to the traveling £284.10 per month, we did try and tell him that he would be just under £3.500 in traveling expenses at the time of accepting and let's just say we were shot down.

Is it normal to still keep applying for other jobs, will this not look bad should a job offer arise and he say's I have been working here for less than 3 months for example or do all Uni students do this. My son say's that most employers will understand his reason in looking for another job once he explains the daily commute & costs, whereas to me it looks bad to look for jobs when your have only just recently accepted one.

I'm just worried as this was is dream job and yet he is still applying for other jobs it really does not make sense to the likes of me, especially when he knew the costs of traveling.

I'm now worried that his Dad and I may have put him this job by making him aware of his expenses I really do wish we had kept our mouths shut now.

Last edited by weenie; 11-04-2018 at 16:53.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote