View Single Post
Old 22-04-2012, 19:41   #6
pop80_uk
Inactive

pop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant future
Re: Advice on PC upgrade from Gigabyte system

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch View Post
Now do you play games on your pc at all? If yes then you might have to up your budget

But if you have a look at scan you can get the i5 2500k in an overclocked bundle for 330
Not really, no

The games I play are old by gamers terms C&C etc, web browsing and genuine PC use.

I5 may do it, do you have a link?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba93 View Post
In all honesty that is probably right but it's a bit like the News Corp fiasco sometimes you just don't want your money to go to the big corporations (not that AMD are all that small).

Anyway I'm going through the same process as you and my final choice is as follows:
- Asus Sabertooth 990FX motherboard (military spec - 5 year warranty)
- AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition (maybe old but overclocks well)
- Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz (16mb)
Total cost approx £330

I'm sure that someone will be able to come up with a competitive Intel alternative but the above is a stonking AMD rig for the price
Thank you,
Sounds interesting, I guess a vast improvement from what I have?
pop80_uk is offline   Reply With Quote