View Single Post
Old 14-05-2012, 18:44   #26
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Which router for QOS and N & G devices?

the E1000 is your entry model, the E2000 has gigabit ports which is the minimum model you will want as far as future proofing goes. The E3000 which I have got does simultaneous dual band, has a usb port so I can attach an external hdd and through the router config set it up as a media server over the lan or external ftp server or something. I cant remember what is so awesome about the e4200 bit i know 2 peeps who have got them and they swear by them, as I do my 3000. I have always had linksys routers and they have been top notch for performance and reliability. Although they come with a whole raft of features and configurations you can customise, you can also install tomato on them which is even better (although I dont need it myself)
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote