Thread: TiVo
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 10:23   #3738
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankrotten View Post
Got my TiVo installed yesterday to replace a silver SA V+ and there is a difference in SD programming with the TiVo looking somewhat worse.

It really brought home just how good the upscaler was in the SA box.

Adjusted the output settings on TiVo to auto select from 576p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p and it always chooses to feed the TV at 1080i irrespective of channel.

Display devices used are a Samsung 40 inch LCD and a Panasonic PT-AE3000 projector.
Certainly a mixed view on SD picture quality using the Tivo box. Seen other posts where it has been said the PQ is just the same as the old box Tivo replaced yet there are others as in this case where PQ seems to be worse.

The only crumb of con for for me personally is that I’ve seen 2 posts here from people with Sony TVs (which is what I have) and they have said the PQ is fine or just as good as their former V+.

Aim to go to the Nottingham VM shop next weekend and will make sure I watch a SD channel to compare to my own setup right now.