View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 17:05   #60
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age
Re: Quad Play to launch his week

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyM View Post
I also noticed the £5 thing in my online account. I found this odd at the time since the new Virgin SIM had only been in my phone for a matter of minutes and then only to set up Virgin Voicemail [at the time I was waiting for my 02 number to be ported over and I thought it'd make life simpler if I kept the two things seperate.] I contacted Virgin for an explanation of how I had managed to run up £5 in such a short time. A clue, I guess, should have been the absence of any calls in the online account records.
Anyway, I shall attempt to pass on here the explanation I was given...
Apparently the new £10 Virgin SIM comes with £5 of calling credit on it so what I/you are seeing is that £5. My understanding is that when the first £10 becomes due it will actually only cost me £5 and then in the coming months it will revert to being £10 per month. Does that make sense? I agree the situation isnt exactly made clear by the £5 being shown in that way in the online bill. Give them a ring and maybe they will make a better job of explaining it than me.
if you're showing the £5 credit online, it's possible they have set you up with PAYG, and not the direct debit contract rate of £10 for 300+300.
Call customer service on 789 and check with them - but accounts department closes in the evening, although customer service is there 24 hours.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote