View Single Post
Old 18-04-2015, 11:50   #242
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Linear tv days are numbered that is without a doubt argue with it all you like end of the day more and more people are cutting the cord and using online, why do you think verizon, comcast, dish, hbo have invested heavily in online tv? Because they can see online tv is the future, sky have already invested in online tv with the skygo monthly the ticket. The proof is there in black and white.
Linar tv will not die out completely there will always be some sort of demand for it as for live sports companies like nbc, fox, bein, sky are already proving that people will watch it live online.
One thing is for certain virgin, bt,plusnet, sky etc will have to invest heavily into the structure of their broadband networks, guess what? They already are because they know more and more people are using online services such as Netflix, skygo, blinkbox.
Linear tv will still be here in 10 years but i think it will be very few channels.
Someone said Netflix has a limited number of shows, so does linear tv it's the way rights work.
I can't say much but i am part of a test group for a major provider who are ready to pull out of linear tv and move into online only.

Nail on the head, not head in the sand, well said theone.....
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote