View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 13:43   #1057
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
So if i'm reading this right the new box doesn't offer anything more in the way of 4K content than an Amazon Fire TV 4K does? I really hope they have scrapped the idea of having a monthly cost then as it seems to me we'd be paying that fee (for the time being at least) solely for the privilege of running the UI at a decent speed instead of brokenly slow on the Tivo.
Presumably it will offer the ability for live 4K TV when channels are launched and VM signs contracts with them. Until then, it will be on-demand, maybe some exclusive content. Amazon does not offer live 4K content at the moment.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote