View Single Post
Old 19-04-2017, 19:44   #1279
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Well, you brought a smile to my face Andrew. I suppose in your (new?) world, the FT is a Brexit supporting newspaper, CNN supports Trump and Fox News supports Hillary!

I know someone as esteemed as yourself would never touch the 'wacky-baccy' but it does make me wonder
Ha ha!

To its credit, the BBC acknowledged its shortcomings in its remain/leave news coverage the run-up to the referendum.

These were:
- it failed to describe factually false statements like the £350m going to the NHS as such; instead it stated that "opponents describe this figure as false".
- it followed the news agenda of the red tops. So whatever The Sun and the Daily Mail felt as importance would significantly impact what was covered by the BBC.
- it gave equal weight to arguments even if 99% of experts agreed, it would drag out that sixties hippy from under a stone to give the opposing view. This gave credibility to poor arguments.

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post

And Lib Dem, Tim Farron, that imbecile would have us rejoin the EU in a heart beat, however, his party is getting some backlash just now for his own personal views about gay people being 'sinners'.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7690771.html
The election is an opportunity for the Liberal Democrats to recover a few seats but his approach to homosexuality is doing him no favours. Theresa May must feel doubly blessed to have him and JC as opposition leaders.