View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 17:35   #130
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I believe I have done just that. The newspaper article I cited said "Known as the global gag rule because it prevents talking with women about the procedure..."

In preventing people taking about abortion, I believe that Trump is attacking free speech.
You cannot prevent people talking about it but he can withhold funding which is what he has done, that has nothing to do with free speech whatsoever.

Infact, it seems to be a Republican Policy, Ronald Reagan introduced it in 1984, then Bill Clinton god rid, then George W Bush brought it back and then Barack Obama revoked it in 2009.

Quote:
WASHINGTON ― In one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump has reinstated a federal ban on U.S. funding for international health organizations that counsel women on family planning options that include abortion.

The Mexico City policy, also known as the global gag rule, was first put in place by President Ronald Reagan in 1984. It prohibits giving U.S. funding to nongovernmental organizations that offer or advise on a wide range of family planning and reproductive health options if they include abortion ― even if U.S. dollars are not specifically used for abortion-related services.

Since then, the gag rule has been something of a political football, rescinded and reinstated as soon as presidents take office. President Bill Clinton did away with the rule, President George W. Bush reinstated it and then President Barack Obama again revoked it in 2009.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...xx9cl5edrc0udi

Nothing to do with free speech and abortion, women can freely talk about it to their hearts content, they just cannot seek counsel from nongovernmental organizations who might work outside US abortion laws.

But as usual because it's Trump who has done it, he's extra bad.

Give me a break.