View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 13:29   #20
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
It took half and hour to get through this morning, then 20 minutes of hanging on as they "checked the claim status".

"Incorrect trigger by the system", so payment of DLA will be made within a few days. "Sorry for the inconvenience".

The computer makes the decisions now it appears, based on "triggers" with no human oversight. "Errors happen from time to time, it's good that you spotted this one before it got any worse".
Yes ditto that. I know how I'd have felt had Osem Jnr # 2 received that. I'd definitely be taking this up with my MP and passing the word around to charities/support groups etc. that this can happen, the reasons why and it's not necessarily as bad as it might seem. The more people are aware of the possibility, the less likely they are to be knocked for six unnecessarily if similar happens to them.

So highly unfortunate it was, unpleasant it was and stressful it was for you all. But an example of some awful change in policy which signals yet another attack on society's most vulnerable it wasn't and we should all be thankful for that.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote