View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 08:49   #4838
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
that's just pants, I am sure Kush told me they flag anything which goes above 70%
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
I've heard quite a few different figures bandied about, seems like the goalposts keep moving
The goalposts do keep moving, but not in the direction you seem to think. It was never 70%, the last I checked it was (if I remember correctly) >90% utilisation for >10% of the time on DOCSIS 3 (i.e. they don't do anything if it peaks at 90% for an hour a day) and it was getting better (used to be >95% util for >15% of the time or something like that).

DOCSIS1/2 had much different figures, it was something daft like >99% utilisation >50% of the time. I don't think that ever changed.

I'm not sure where the 70% figure came from, that could be the CARDIE score for noise but I was never clear on what that figure actually represented (Something to do with FEC errors) as occasionally a completely chuffed upstream would only have a 25% score while people would be happy and content on a line hitting 72%. A good agent would raise both of those if he spotted it though.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote