View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 00:44   #37
Fawkes
Inactive

Services: VM: 120M Broadband, TV + Landline
Fawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Government to monitor Internet Use

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace View Post
The main real reason non-work related VPN is used it to safeguard against eavesdropping when using somebodies or some companies wireless access point and yes it stops your own IP address being splattered across the Internet. I use my own VPN server, which runs on a PC at home, as standard when I'm using my iPad away from home. VPNs outside of work use have plenty of legitimate uses, security being the most common one.
I could have phrased it better but what I meant was. The use of VPN’s are not that widespread, and assuming one is trying to conceal illegal activity using a VPN would make sense. Therefore any law that results I many more people using a VPN makes it harder for the security service to weed out potential suspects from the crowd.
It’s not that using a VPN makes you more likely to be a criminal. It’s that a criminal is more likely to use a VPN.

The Chinese can’t monitor everyone but if you’re encrypting your emails they assume you’re up to no good.