View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 17:41   #13
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Help with automatic driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I drive an automatic.
At a junction I put it in N with hand brake on.
If I come to a stop and about to move off i keep it in Drive and foot on brake.
When I park I put the car in P with handbrake on whereas hubby just parks with the car in P (no handbrake) which really bugs me
Sometimes the parking pawl doesn't engage and then the car can roll away. I remember on a caravan site my father doing this and us sitting in the caravan when the car just took off on its own. My father managed to catch it and get the handbrake on before it wrecked at the bottom of the field. I think he only managed it because the handbrake was on the door side of the car rather than the centre.