View Single Post
Old 28-11-2011, 18:37   #162
joff81
Inactive

Services: V+ Xl TV package phone L package Broadband L package
joff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to all
Re: SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
I suppose so,but like cricket where sky opened their cheque book and it disappeared from free to air live coverage,formula 1 is going the same way.

Its sad but by 2018 the full impact of the cuts at the BBC will be in flow they might get first refusal, but i think the days of F1 free to air live are numbered.I am not a F1 follower that much a couple of races perhaps,but would not like to see it go fully pay tv.
It's not about how big the cheque book is it's the fact there is a free to air protection clause in the concorde agreement that the FIA, FOM and all the FOTA teams agree. Sure LIVE COVERAGE on free to air TV will be long gone but F1 will still be on free to air as long as a Concorde agreement exists as it benefits everyone from the FIA right down to the sponsors for exposure.
joff81 is offline   Reply With Quote