View Single Post
Old 19-03-2017, 23:29   #596
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel43 View Post
Thought this was about brexit, not the british gov.
lol, I thought I was back on the Trump thread for a moment.

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Where is your condemnation of the EU for not quickly responding to May's offer to get it sorted straight away?
That's a bit of a Fox & Friends type phrasing!
The EU's position has always been clear - no negotiations until we invoke Article 50. Those are the rules of the club that we have to abide with with if we decide to leave. And we helped draw up those very rules!
The British Government has the opportunity to give those EU citizens within her borders the comfort of knowing that they can still live and work here post-Brexit. Fom the article posted earlier this looks like it would help the NHS and in turn, you and me. The UK Government has decided not to do this so I hope this can get sorted out early on in negotiations for a mutually beneficial solution.

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
To be fair. I'm despairing at the conservatives atm.....and I'm a paid up party member.
Still, could be worse......I could be a member of the labour party
The Conservatives need a good opposition to keep them on their toes and to help them to raise their game.
They're too obsessed with pet projects like grammar schools and to placating Daily Mail leader-writers. In the background, council services are creaking, the NHS is struggling, we've got aircraft carriers but no aircraft on them, and there are train strikes every week. (But I still love the UK in case that all sounds a big negative!, lol)