Thread: Budget
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 10:17   #39
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Budget

To clarify my earlier comments a bit more, I dont support targeting a part of the population that is perhaps considered the easiest to hit, I expect they thought by targeting self employed it would not generate much bad publicity. But more that I support tax rises in general.

Certainly I think the UK population somehow needs reeducating that tax rises need to happen, because of all the tax cuts in the past decade or so, everyone seems to have got used to an idea that we can just have everlasting tax cuts which is clearly not sustainable unless you are david cameron who thinks we can make it work by just dismantling the public sector.

The party policy at election time to promise no rise in income tax, NI and VAT was just irresponsible.

May seems to have her hands tied by promises of the previous leader, she could untie the hands by winning an election without that manifesto but of course winning the election is not a certainty even with labour been as unpopular as they are now strange things can happen.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote