View Single Post
Old 21-08-2017, 10:10   #16
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Broadband still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
G.fast's major limitation is range. I have a pod on my cabinet and it's no use to me as I'm about 150m from the cabinet in a straight line but about 500m of cable.

As it uses higher frequencies than the current FTTC / VDSL services it attenuates away more quickly too. If you aren't getting full 80/20 on FTTC you aren't going to benefit from G.fast.
That's not strictly true. It's true if the G.fast pod is in the cab, but isn't the entire point of G.fast that they move that pod closer to the premises? In the same vein that your ADSL speed (based on distance to the exchange) was not indicative of your FTTC speed, as the distances are very different, with mostly winners but the occasional loser.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote