View Single Post
Old 16-08-2017, 14:45   #6
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor 26th August

TD has it right. A lot including myself don't think Mayweather is truly in this properly. Its too coincidental that overdue tax debts start arising and only then does he make the fight happen, before that it was just a media fantasy. Hes also right on the front that Mayweather very literally cherry picked fights towards the end of his career. He wanted nothing to do with Manny when he was in form but happily took the fight after the Filipinos rapid decline, Maidana is an exception, Mayweather thought he was easy pickings but Maidana nearly decked him and Floyd had to really take a rematch and take him a lot more seriously.

Truth is still the same as it has been for years. Timothy Bradley and Amir Khan are the only two fighters to challenge Mayweather over 12 rounds. Bradley is in his prime and Khan is still the fastest and most accurate at 147. Floyd isn't knocking either of them out. I'm not saying he loses but that by some distance it'd be his most interesting fight.

Mayweather may well school McGregor over a boring 12 rounds. Absolutely no one has McGregor winning a decision. No one is that ludicrous. Myself and others give him that punchers chance though, it literally takes one solid shot to end it and a 20 something fighter with unrivaled power at his weight is more than capable of delivering it.

They said he couldn't box and it wouldn't work. Paulie's face and the way he planted to the floor answered that question.

Andre Ward and Virgil Hunter use Nate Diaz as a sparring partner. Virgil isn't backing McGregor but hes freely admitted he was bewildered that a lightweight MMA (Light MW Boxing) managed to bust Diaz open with clean shots and floor him 3 times. Andre Ward, a Super middleweight-Light Heavyweight world champion boxer has never put Diaz on the floor.

There should be absolutely no question about whether McGregor hits hard. He'll be the hardest hitting striker Mayweather has ever been in the ring with.

Summary. If it goes 12, Floyd wins, doesn't get simpler than that. But so long as McGregor is there for 36 minutes he's dangerous. One solid left hand makes it 49-1.

He could've fought someone with the same level of power that's a natural boxer, I can't see Mayweather fighting Gennady Golovkin anytime soon though.