View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 15:33   #7372
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
why keep on about this myth please tell us what happened to price with competition between sky vm and bt OB when did they ever become lower
But that's the result of not enough competition, which is made worse by Sky's monopolistic practices. Netflix and Amazon are gradually breaking this mould and - oh look - what reasonable prices for a huge chunk of content!

Sky/BT/VM prices will become more reasonable as such competition increases, because otherwise, cord cutting will put them in an unsustainable position. I think the loss of Premiership football to Amazon, Google, Twitter or Netflix will hasten the process of price reductions for cable and satellite services. OTT services are a real threat to the existing order, I'm surprised you can't see that.

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l think if anyone's mind is closed on certain things regarding the TV market then perhaps you might see his image in your mirror.

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

Rose tinted glasses and ivory towers spring to mind Dave.
When are you going to put some substance to these random comments you are throwing in, Den? You have been saying for some time that the things that I am raising will never happen, but you never give your reasons.

I guess you must be satisfied with the status quo, Den, or you wouldn't be so against these ideas, which makes me wonder why you keep complaining about these constant price increases.

Nothing lasts forever, and the existing order of things will soon change.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote