View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 12:20   #5908
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
surely sky sports cant justify their pricing structure now.

"so 26 quid for sky sports we have all the action!!"
"but you lost champions league, you lost la liga..."
"yeah but we have 160 epl games!!!!!"
"but thats the same number as before ...but youve lost all these other tv deals so surely your price should come down"
"yeah but we have english premier league!!!"
"but your price should now come down as youre offering less for the same amount"
"not listening, not listenINGGGG"
(stubbornly puts hands on ears)
Lol, Yup, I said similar when Sky originally lost the CL rights. I also said numerous times that BT were not the problem for high sports costs. I still believe this to be the case, the ridiculous costs come from Sky not reducing their costs. BT/ESPN/Setenta etc have always offered a cheaper alternative to Sky, but whilst people still pay the prices Sky continue to dictate, it is not going to change.

I hope, that when more sports rights come up for renewal, that the terrestrial channels can agree more deals to share rights to more sports - like the 6 nations deal. Personally, I would love the BBC and C4 to team up for the cricket.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote