Thread: Rugby Rugby Union Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 13:24   #163
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Rugby Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
I think you'll find the press build you up in each sporting tournament you enter. Being English you don't see it as it's normal to you. And 'irrational loathing'? I don't think so. Why would I irrationally loath half of myself?

Plus the fact none of them have to share the media with you
Sorry Russ but I don't know anyone who seeks out or enjoys the sort of media hype (unduly positive or excessively negative) which happens when England play. These forums are full of stories about media hype - are the English to blame for that. How much hype has there been in Wales about the so called new Welsh generation over the last few years? Don't like the national media's coverage of England - well who's problem is that? From where I've been sitting for the last few weeks the media have done nothing but slag off sad, pathetic old England but of course that sort of thing doesn't register with you does it. You only hear what you want to hear.

Sorry Russ but not much of what you say about England and the English in this context is rational but that doesn't stop you does it. The truth is that had Wales gone on to win the cup having scored no tries at all you wouldn't have complained so why do you expect us to? England did what they had to do to beat a team with a better back division - they learned their lesson from 1991 when sadly they reacted to similar pathetic baiting by Campese and the like and it cost them the cup. It won't happen again because they know it's just so much hot air from sad mean spirited people who rely on that sort of thing to disguise their own shortcomings.