View Single Post
Old 31-12-2003, 12:24   #13
bb31
Inactive

bb31 has reached the bronze age
bb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze agebb31 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to bb31
Re: problems with o2 netowork anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs1982
Hmm... I'd actually be inclined to get on the phone to them and suggest that it's a material breach of contract and that they will have to send you a replacement sim for free or you'll stop paying them!

With text messages, it might not actually be, but generally the only thing that doesn't constitute a material breach is if your handset stops working, believe it or not! There's nearly always a clause which states the handset does not form part of the contract. However, o2 have an obligation to supply you with a service and they must supply you with the appropriate means to do so. If you had damaged the sim card, that would be another story, but what they are saying is the same as your cable modem breaking down and ntl charging you £150 to replace it while still billing you for a service you cannot use!

Threaten em with the lawyer, usually works if you sound as if you know what your talking about!

hhmmmmmm thats the prob........i dont know what im talking about, all i know is not getting tex's !!!!

but still not recieved the said sim card even though i was promised it by post on tues, and o2 have now disconnected my old sim so i cannot get to make calls now!!

another phone call later, 0870 number (hanging on for ages!) to reactivate broken sim and when i finally receive the new one, it will be another call and and hang on and another wait to get new sim activated!!

oh i hate o2
bb31 is offline   Reply With Quote