View Single Post
Old 16-09-2017, 23:06   #7487
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
My eyes are quite bad anyway so HD doest make a huge difference for me

This is a pet subject of mine - when sky sports first broadcast in HD the picture quality was superb, on close ups of action you could see individual blades of grass.

Then someone decided it was acceptable to compress the transmission and over the years the PQ of HD transmissions has gradually decreased.

Additionally I believe (I may be wrong) that the current SD picture is a HD recording further compressed so is better than the original SD picture was - hence many people find there is little difference in PQ between HD and SD.

I would stress this opinion is based on my perception not on any fact (other than HD has been compressed more over the years - this is fact)
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote