View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 16:43   #122
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Gift to VM employees/agency workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Electric wheelchair with a buggy in tow?
I'm not a wheelchair user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I suggest that we take this person at the face value he has placed on himself and refuse to interact with him any further.

He has no validity in questioning anyone who is a VM staff member and he has no authority to do anything to anyone however much he tries to threaten.He is the worst kind of bully just like the Dickens character I already mentioned.

Avoid him,do not engage with him,do not reply however much he annoys you.He can do nothing but keep trying to annoy and if we ALL fail to react then he can only hold a conversation with himself.

Of course if you like being treated as if you are an idiot by all means continue interacting with him but please don't whine when he upsets you.
I have never suggested that VM staff members, or anybody else for that matter, are obliged to respond to any of my posts. Obviously, as adults, they have free will.

I do not have direct managerial responsibility for any VM staff and have never suggested otherwise.

It is now, in general, socially unacceptable to openly bully minority groups, for example, those with a disability.

To get round this, those with a penchant for unfair discrimination and hatred tend to try and humiliate, isolate, discredit and alienate people, often the most vulnerable members of society. It is pretty standard for them to try and do the same to anyone else who refuses to go along with their wishes.

Attempts will be made to label them as stupid, or for them to be ostracised from the rest of the group.

I believe that there are many reasons for this, which I won't go into here.

Thankfully, over the years, social advances have been made as people become more enlightened. For anybody interested (or if you are the subject of bullying yourself, be it in the workplace or anywhere else) this link provides some useful information and sources of help:

http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/l...y/enforcement/

This link provides more specific information on disability related harassment:

http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/l...t-the-inquiry/

Source: Everyday life/diversity training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
It wasn't a tactic (which again says a lot about how you see this thread.. ) Instead it was simply just the truth.. I don't care if you answer Maggy's questions but that doesn't change the result as to your excuses and refusal to answer.
I fully expect my employees to be loyal and maintain confidentiality when asked to do so. I do not expect others to do anything I would not be prepared to do myself and, as such, I am not above this requirement when doing work for others.

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Well said Maggy, I said he would try to keep this thread going or start another and i was right. Hopefully other Staff members left on this forum will do as i am about to do and put him on ignore.
You said you had done with this thread yesterday

I'm glad you have decided to put me on ignore, as this will save me and others from being subject to your unpleasantness.