View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 20:44   #9
Brenty
Inactive

Brenty is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Extending cable

Hi

Just to update you -
I rang Virgin and had a frustrating call to "Customer Services". An assistant and then a supervisor both told me that we had the longest cable possible already. I asked them how long that was (didn't know) and how far from the entry point to the house my box is (didn't know). But they did know that it was not possible to have a longer cable inside the house.

I said I'd heard that they could extend it but I wasn't happy about paying as it could easily have been put on the other side of the doorway when first installed. If the technician hadn't been so miserable and unwilling I would have done or at least had some spare cable left. Anyway, the supervisor then said it could be done of course for £75 (not the £99 I've heard elsewhere). Wasn't at all interested in keeping our business even when I pointed out we are out of contract next month. We pay over £60 a month and they'd sooner lose business to Sky.

Just referred our next door neighbours and it seems they had the same technician - miserable, lazy and too keen to get out and leave them with an unhelpful cable point.

Rubbish customer service an Sky's gain.
Brenty is offline   Reply With Quote