Thread: Cable Issues
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 11:08   #5
brewerjohn
Inactive

brewerjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cable Issues

ok guys thanks for all the info. The reason I ask is that I have some existing cables in-situ from my comcast/ntl days before I whent over to sky. Back in them days there was no sky+ or HD so my concern was that like sky you need two cables to a sky+ box so as to watch and record at the same time. Just wondered if virgin adapted the same method but appears not so which is good for me. The main incoming cable from the green box is a bigger cable as I had signaling problems albeit we ar not far from the green box. One cable straight through the wall to main tv and two cables to (1) modem (2) second tv. I am told things have improved somewhat with virgin (lets hope so) My intentions are to run cables which I have had dropped off from virgin into my loft and then down to the two add tv/boxes. This would require a 3 way spilter downstairs at the brown external box (1) main tv (2) modem (3) one add box. upstairs at modem a two way splitter modem/ second tv. sounds complicated but not really, just want to get everything right for the big day!
Many thanks to all.
brewerjohn is offline   Reply With Quote