View Single Post
Old 13-02-2011, 13:23   #13
gdbagley
Inactive

gdbagley is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Superhub - slow wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix View Post
Had the exact same issue. Tried all the channel changes up no luck, other than channel 13 got me up to 10mb over wireless compared with 3 - 6 meg on the other channels. Phoned 151 and they couldn't help, as soon as you say your on a Mac they put you on hold for ages. In the end he said he would have to look it up and call back. That was over 2hrs ago now, so looking unlikely.

I have come up with a sort of solution, I connected my Airport Extreme to the Superhub and set the Airport Extreme up in bridge mode - so the Superhub still assigns IPs but the Airport Extreme provides wireless. I am now getting 30mb consistently over wireless.

Its working OK for now, not sure if its going to cause issues for me down the line. Hopefully they will hurry up an release the firmware update that disables the router, why they didn't have this for launch I don't know.
Well,I have a netgear n router at my parents, which had the same configuration as my old wifi router and napow my super hub. My iPad only gets 10mbish there. Maybe it's just netgears.

I like the look of the airport extremes, can I ask which model you have? I'm looking to get a dual band one, I know theres two model numbers, if you're getting 30mb over wireless, then I can at least know which models are good..
gdbagley is offline   Reply With Quote