View Single Post
Old 13-03-2012, 10:06   #7
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: UK nuclear plans 'put energy in French hands'Government plans for nuclear power r

Thanks to decades of short termism and political dithering we're now in between a rock and a hard place when it comes to energy supplies. I dislike the thought of our nuclear power generating capacity being provided by a foreign power but it seems we have no choice. Developing our own industry to the required levels now would take many years, by which time it'd probably be too late. The way energy prices are rising, it may even already be too late for us to avoid significant problems as a result of shortages and a lack of generating capacity. One thing seems certain, if we don't do something very significant about this problem soon the lights are going to start going out in the not too distant future and recent price rises will seem trivial.

---------- Post added at 10:06 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
I know I'd rather live next door to a wind farm, than a nuclear power station.
You'd need a blooming big wind farm to produce what one nuclear power station would and that's forgeting about the need to turn it off during periods of the 'wrong sort of wind'.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote