View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 15:43   #1
AGray
Inactive

AGray is an unknown quantity at this point
Phone lines upstairs

I've lived with this issue for a few years now, and probably had the opportunity to bring it up with Virgin and their technicians, but i never did.

Basically we have a phone downstairs which works fine, but for some reason none of the upstairs phones (or the phonelines?) actually work. There is absolutely no tone coming through the phones.

We have 3 bedrooms upstairs and each of the sockets don't work, though i remember they worked, but then after i took over the account from my dad shortly after they stopped working completely. I've tried different phones but none seem to be working.

Finally another quick enquiry i noticed in an earlier thread, due to moving the computer upstairs many years ago into a bedroom, the Virgin technicians had to bring the coax cable around the house, quite large coax in fairness due to the extention that was completed.

Anyhoo, i'm thinking of moving the computer into one of the other bedrooms now due to space issues, but the one thing that was halting this move was the fact that this coax cable is coming around the house. The bedroom i want it to go into coincidentally is right above where the Virgin box is, so it would require a significantly smaller amount of cabling.

But at the same time, i now have the Superhub (Which at the moment is wired to my PC) so i do have the option of going wireless and leaving it in the old bedroom, though that doesn't help the fact that i will have an 8ft cable running through the bedroom leading to a single modem.
AGray is offline   Reply With Quote