View Single Post
Old 26-09-2009, 23:35   #9
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Stopping smoking support.

I used to smoke around 10 cigarettes per day.

Not a massive habit, but big enough, and expensive enough.

I "tried" various times over the years to stop, but always fell back into it, using various excuses. Sometimes I'd manage a few weeks, or even a couple of months, other times I'd last a few days.

Stopped again mid-December last year, & so far have managed to stay off the ciggies - 9 months now.

I used willpower, combined with having a cold.

I'd been in Berlin for Mrs D's birthday, & came back with a horrible cold & sore throat.

Happened to have a few fags left over in a pack, & smoked them on the way to the pub. My throat did not thank me at all though, so I told myself I'd stop, at least until the cold had gone & my throat felt better.

But once it cleared up, I just kept on not-smoking...

For me it was always the habit that was the problem, & I never seemed to be able to break it. But this time, I've so far managed to break the habit, & resist the various triggers that used to set me off. I can walk to/from work without needing a fag, I can go to the pub without needing to nip outside for a fag, etc.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote