View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 22:06   #193
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Government to monitor Internet Use

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Also they're sharp as ever at invoking whatever they can to justify it:
It's either terrorists or think of the children with this and the previous government. Annoying that some of the population still belief this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Really? Because I imagine if you started looking you could find it pretty quickly. I think the problem was that they didn't even think to look into these 'incidents' until they looked into the killers backgrounds. An issue that wouldn't have been prevented had they been able to get to that data quicker. Incidentally that legal system is there to protect American citizens, shows the contempt to which the Government thinks of our legal rights.
Someone should teach them how to use google! Surely GCHQ is supposed to spot these kind of things, so it seems it is failing even with its huge budget. I would have thought they would have signed up to many jihadist sites then used curl type scripts to grab all the posts periodically and some scripts to look for keywords to then forward to someone to read.

It's the same with the NSA, they missed the Boston bomber even though there was plenty for them to notice.

Expect the tories to push as much through as quick as they can as they are worried about not getting voted back in again.

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

The US is claiming it laws apply in other countries when it comes to American internet companies storing info abroad, I don't see Cameron imposing that kind of will on America. Not that I would want MI5 accessing my data abroad!
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote