View Single Post
Old 15-02-2024, 12:55   #503
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: VM General News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
On Vodafone, it already has nationwide fibre infrastructure linking all their masts together. Whether they want to buy the altnets at the moment, who knows. But looking at their competitors, they are the only mobile co without an existing consumer landline network. I don't believe they will remain a standalone mobile co forever.
Vodafone do have an extensive fibre backbone network, they could go for City Fibre with whom they already have a relationship (which has it's own backbone that it bought from Torch..so that would be a waste of money to VF) but I don't see them picking off all the individual Altnets. Maybe City Fibre first, and then several other Altnets, might work. otherwise I don't see it happening, and it won't be cheap.

Quote:
On VM, it's already got this offshoot company installing fibre all over the place. At some point I reckon VM will fully split into two companies (which already now exist) one being a consumer facing co and one a network company, including the 02 stuff.

On Comcast, no, I don't think Comcast will buy Liberty. Not now. Perhaps a few years ago, but not now. Liberty is clearly being wound down, so I reckon Comcast might bid for the network part of what we currently call VM.

And further, I don't think Comcast and Sky will be part of the same company.
I don't see it happening but time will tell.