View Single Post
Old 31-07-2016, 10:44   #5426
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Well, it is true that when in modem mode, the ASUS router is handling the BQM responses.

But any circuit drops in modem mode won't be because of an ASUS setting imo. What I'l do this evening is turn my ASUS router off while I'm logged into the modem and see what that does to the circuit. The WAN IP address will have been closed down. The BQM will obviously show red but I'm interested in what the modem does.

In the end I didn't have the patience to wait until the morning to test the router mode arrangement. I stayed up until 3.00 am instead.The connection appeared rock solid with no detectable drop outs.

Before going to bed I restored modem only mode. The result is all too clear.

I would obviously be interested in what you discover Seph. Meanwhile I need to ring CS again. I will not be in a strong position because they will inevitably point to my N66U as being the issue, not their kit. However, the point remains, that SH3 is the changed factor. Surely VM have a responsibility to ensure that their kit works with high quality mainstream routers such as mine.

Last edited by roughbeast; 31-07-2016 at 10:48.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote