View Single Post
Old 30-07-2016, 13:24   #5419
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
My problemis that there is no evidence of any activity on this front.

I'm a professional in this game and I know exactly what to do as a series of steps to narrow down the root cause. We have no idea if these steps have been taken. VM's silence on the matter is disgraceful and disreputable.
This is worrying.

I have been in contact with CS just now and have reported that roughly every half hour there is a connection drop. CS tell me, having checked and refreshed the connection that all channels show a 'green light' and that there are no problems. We talked about power levels. Mine range between 1.7 and -2.5. dBmV. This tallied with what CS could see. They also reported no evidence of connection drop outs over the last 24 hours.

I explained that the problem could be with the SH3 itself and that I had none of these problems with SH2. After speaking to one of his superiors the operative reported that SH3 issues had now been resolved and that the problem must be with my own router. (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!)

By now I am getting tetchy, so I suggested that I monitor this problem for 24 hours with and without modem-only mode, and would report back.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote