View Single Post
Old 28-11-2014, 18:19   #21
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Tower PC intermittent display problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth View Post
I'd look inside and give the graphics card a press down - my recollection is that they do not have a tail latch , so the back end of the card can lift in the slot, leading to intermittent connection.

Unplug & touch case metalwork before anything else.
OK that sounds simple enough for me.

Actually I'm just wondering whether that could be causing other intermittent boot up problems she's had on that PC. I just remembered that quite some years ago another old PC of ours wouldn't start up properly but emitted a few beeps every time we powered up and nothing else. I seem to recall I cured that by pushing down on a graphics card.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote