View Single Post
Old 15-10-2014, 22:55   #846
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Isn't 40% of Sky Atlantic's content from HBO so a lot of those shows would not be available. And Sky Movies has a deal with all the Hollywood Studios so a lot of its film content would be unavailable too.
It will be interesting to see if it comes to the UK. Certainly, HBO's approach of being available on all networks via direct subscriptions in the US contrasts with its content largely being on one platform - Sky via Sky Atlantic - in the UK.
I reported HBO was doing this last year if some of you remember?
Anyway what i think will happen if HBO launches in uk which i think it will, sky will probably have first run rights then HBO will just have the content via on demand like they do on HBOGo.
Sky do have many agreements with hollywood studios but this hasn't stopped the likes of film4, netflix and amazon getting first run rights to movies what HBO will do i think is show movies via on demand but i wouldn't expect any latest releases maybe it'll be movies that have already premiered on sky etc?
Either way this shows HBO are now taking the onlinetv industry very seriously and i think others will follow suite such as Showtime, starz etc.
Very exciting times ahead i think.