View Single Post
Old 16-01-2015, 16:30   #25
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: VM's new Freestyle tariffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
While I appreciate the reason for the new checks, it doesn't change that it's a 'back end' process, and something the customer shouldn't be exposed to.
I think that's where our interpretations differ. To me I see it as a new service. Mainly, because i'm interpreting it the same way as per O2's 'Refresh' service launched a few years ago. Although in O2's case, you could still purchase traditional/all-in-one contracts via independents, VM customers don't have that luxury because I don't think they sell contract upgrades via independents.

It's not just 'the same thing under a different name' but rather a completely different type of mobile service - change tariff at any time, upgrade whenever you want, etc. etc. - a bit like T-Mobile's old Flext tariffs. While they may be criticised for withdrawing the old options and not giving customers a choice, I see it as novel enough that customers should be aware of and have full exposure to the fact that it is a different service and thus the checks works differently.

Ultimately VM are within their rights to change their credit-check criteria at any time they feel like, whether or not they're selling a new service that justifies the changes. Many operators routinely do so year to year. After all banks can and do still refuse people because their credit records are too good.

Quote:
Virgin Mobile have always taken the risk on customers not paying for their handsets by defaulting on contracts, they appear to be trying to outsource that risk and the new credit checks are a part of that.
In this case the risk isn't being outsourced much as it seems the finance company ("Virgin Media Mobile Finance Limited") is owned and run by themselves anyway.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote