View Single Post
Old 15-01-2017, 14:23   #2668
spiderwebb46
cf.member

spiderwebb46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Not a regular poster on here, but I try to read as much as what interests me. At the risk of asking questions that may have answers elsewhere here goes. I ordered my Tivo V6 before Christmas but unless I accepted a NYE install date they could not offer me any other install dates until 1st Feb, which in the end I accepted. I am a long standing loyal XL customer who started out life with NTL and still have an ntlworld.com email address. When the guy comes to take away by existing 1tb Tivo box and replace it with the new V6 will he have the ability to switch over all of my saved programmes to the new V6 box ? Also will he be able to switch over to the new V6 box all of my Series Link list as well or do I have to start again. I suspect I know the answer to this but thought I would enquire of the community for their experiences. I am further being charged £50 for this new V6 box even though I am a long standing loyal XL customer. I can but wonder if this will be refunded eventually in same way as the refund was sent to me when I was originally asked to pay for the Tivo 1tb box. I have no idea what the new V6 is going to bring me but from what I can glean it seems to be a big leap forward to the existing setup which is getting very slow and "clanky" - I invite your comments please. - Roger
spiderwebb46 is offline   Reply With Quote