View Single Post
Old 21-02-2012, 15:22   #27
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Technically yes that's right.

It's a fuzzy bit of copyright law that allows PVRs to exist in the first place. Specifically http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/copy/c-o...-timeshift.htm

The second paragraph is important when you are talking about streaming:

Obviously there is no real benefit for individuals to be investigated for not deleting/wiping a recording they've made, but the Copyright holders will likely be very keen to make the distinction between the 'timeshift' exception and multi-room streaming which I think they class as something else
Know I understand - daft but I understand. In my case we record watch later ( time shift) and delete

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

Exactly. But what is worse about the "licencing refusal", is that if you did what you have described then you would have a physical copy of the content that you could easily take to another property and play.

Sorry was used to show that you can play on more than one machine. Look at it another way if you like. You purchase a DVD you play it in room A. you can not then play it in room B because its been on in room A - Forget different houses. Anyway Ben has answered the question.Just thought you should get my drift
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote