View Single Post
Old 21-02-2012, 13:34   #21
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Why, don't they let those who want to connect by wire do so, and those that don't can wait for the wire free solution?
Because there is a lot more to turning something on than just the customer side of things

For instance:

You also have to test it against any other kit it could possible be connected to - and by that I meant 3rd party routers as much as any kit Virgin Media have issued in the past.

Once you've done that and any issues identified, you then have to work out whether they are 'in scope' for Virgin to resolve, or classed as an issue with customer's own kit etc.

Then you have to design training, arrange for agents to be trained and then deliver the training

You then have to plan it's rollout to make sure you can manage any calls in from Customers that want to use it and/or have 'fiddled' and manged to disable something

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
With regards to rights, it strikes me as a red herring. You have a copy,so what difference does were you watch it in your home make. Ie you can recorded it on both m/cs if you really want too !!! sad but true ( we do in our house !!! in case her in doors wants to watch something recorded & I don`t as I said sad)
Except the rights ARE different.

For instance the BBC don't have all the rights to stream via iPlayer all the programmes they show on their channels, yet you can record all of them on TiVo (or anything else for that matter). Same as you can record something legally, but downloading the same thing to your PC from a torrent site would be classed as illegal.