View Single Post
Old 29-11-2011, 08:00   #23
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: Connect TiVo to a LAN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
There is an ethernet port on the back of the TIVO, which allows you to connect it to your router. TIVO will then be connected to your Local Area Network, allowing you to connect to it via the various Android/IPhone remote control applications (there's also a Windows one linked a few posts up). Also if you have two TIVOs and can get them both connected to the LAN then they can see each other, and theoretically play each others recordings (though this is being restricted by broadcaster rights at present, hopefully this will be working soon).

If your TIVO is not close to your router then you can use powerline adapters to send the network data over your power cables rather than having to drag network cables all round the house.

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

I've just been playing with this one and it works well. One of the big pluses is that it allows you to use the laptop keyboard to type into the various search boxes. The TV guide bit is just a link to the TV Guide on the VM website I believe, but useful nonetheless.
it is the guide from internet, it is quite good, i have found thou you cant have that connected and the penut app on ipohne connected to box at same time, its 1 or the other until you disconnect

---------- Post added at 08:00 ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgin Territory View Post
I'd just like to say thanks to nstokes, Hugh & kgollop.

I expect I'll be looking for help in the future, I'll keep my eyes open for you guys.
Thanks. Your Welcome
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote