View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 13:17   #18
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Riot police in stand off as illegal Catalonia independence vote begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
How would we feel if a large city or area decided to call a vote for their independence from the UK?
Not good but I wouldn't want them beaten up. If it were deemed a legal process then what could we do about that? If it were deemed illegal then the result of any vote would be ignored in any event.

This hasn't happened out of the blue it's been going on for years and clearly whatever grievances there are very deep rooted and haven't been resolved.

If we spool forward and the vote is for independence, who's going to recognise an independent Catalonia I wonder and how would that work out in the real world? The EU clearly won't and will be as obstructive as it can be for obvious reasons so what benefit would there be to the region of separation as opposed to the huge risks/costs?

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
like Scotland did
Yes Sturgeon's been very quiet about that lately, I wonder why.

Last edited by Osem; 01-10-2017 at 13:16.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote