View Single Post
Old 27-02-2017, 09:25   #207
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
These are very much exceptions, Max. Mine both work perfectly and are far superior to the old Tivos.

The guys who have reported these problems on this forum just need to report what has happened to CS. I am sure they can sort this out.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

They are quicker and much more responsive (i.e. they've chucked hardware at a software problem) but the V6 is demonstrably louder than any of my legacy V6s and anecdotal as it may be I've been forced to restart my V6 at least twice a month since January due to it starting up in a black screen......I've only every been forced to restart start my original 2011 box (which i still have) twice. Also some of the issues identified during the software testing are still present which is a shame.

However when they are up an running the do perform very well but at the moment I've won't be getting another V6 as the extra "functionality" is not worth the additional outlay. There's no restriction that prevents my existing box from performing it's "press play and actually play something withing a couple of seconds" function as it did in 2011 just shoddy software. It's just a pain I've had to fork out extra to get a box that has the hardware to compensate for the software.
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote